April 22, 2011

Sneak Peeks from 'The Ballerina Photo Shoot'

Here is one of the photos from the Ballerina photo shoot I styled two weeks ago. I decided at the last minute to style this shoot as I had the perfect gowns from my collection for the Ballerina in Motion concept.

Everyone was speaking 3 languages that day, Russian, French and English, it was a completely multicultural moment! We played around with an industrial fan to make the skirt look windswept. I took a few detail shots of my garments; the corset is all hand beaded oyster shells, beads, semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals and took me about 3 weeks to complete. The skirt has layers and layers of ivory raw silk chiffon.

Photographer: Alesya Kornetskaya
Model/Ballerina: Anastasiya Zhuravska
Styling: Sabrina Chin


Outfit 1: Hand beaded Shell and Swarovski corset, Sabrina Chin / Raw silk chiffon tutu skirt, Sabrina Chin / ballet shoes, ballerina's own


Hand beaded Haute Couture crystal and shell corset
Corset with shell and rhinestone details




24 comments:

  1. the detailing on that dress is amazing! beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the detail photos you took of the corset.

    Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing! And that dress... Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    A swan, I guess :-)
    She makes it seem easy, there lies the quality of a ballet dancer.

    José

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great concept for a shoot!

    beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an incredible creation! It's stunning, who much crystals and stones did she need? Love it!

    Virginie/ Couture & DIY

    ReplyDelete
  8. u are an amazing designer. this is trully stunning. it looks like a beautiful wedding dress. straight out of a fairy tale.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Stunning ballerina and outfit. The beading in the corset is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!!!!! this is stunning!! I absolutely love your work!!! Fantastic photos! I love them all! so beautiful!
    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
  11. it took my breath away
    kpm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this pictures! I love everything about it!! wonderful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I used to be a ballerina and I also sew garments, so I really enjoy this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous photo. As a professional ballerina in the past I must say - those dresses are to die for.

    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  15. such lovely work...just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...