April 22, 2011

Sneak Peeks from 'The Ballerina Photo Shoot'

Here is one of the photos from the Ballerina photo shoot I styled two weeks ago. I decided at the last minute to style this shoot as I had the perfect gowns from my collection for the Ballerina in Motion concept.

Everyone was speaking 3 languages that day, Russian, French and English, it was a completely multicultural moment! We played around with an industrial fan to make the skirt look windswept. I took a few detail shots of my garments; the corset is all hand beaded oyster shells, beads, semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals and took me about 3 weeks to complete. The skirt has layers and layers of ivory raw silk chiffon.

Photographer: Alesya Kornetskaya
Model/Ballerina: Anastasiya Zhuravska
Styling: Sabrina Chin


Outfit 1: Hand beaded Shell and Swarovski corset, Sabrina Chin / Raw silk chiffon tutu skirt, Sabrina Chin / ballet shoes, ballerina's own


Hand beaded Haute Couture crystal and shell corset
Corset with shell and rhinestone details




39 comments:

  1. the detailing on that dress is amazing! beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the detail photos you took of the corset.

    Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing! And that dress... Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    A swan, I guess :-)
    She makes it seem easy, there lies the quality of a ballet dancer.

    José

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great concept for a shoot!

    beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an incredible creation! It's stunning, who much crystals and stones did she need? Love it!

    Virginie/ Couture & DIY

    ReplyDelete
  8. u are an amazing designer. this is trully stunning. it looks like a beautiful wedding dress. straight out of a fairy tale.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Stunning ballerina and outfit. The beading in the corset is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!!!!! this is stunning!! I absolutely love your work!!! Fantastic photos! I love them all! so beautiful!
    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
  11. it took my breath away
    kpm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this pictures! I love everything about it!! wonderful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I used to be a ballerina and I also sew garments, so I really enjoy this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous photo. As a professional ballerina in the past I must say - those dresses are to die for.

    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  15. such lovely work...just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gue emang harus bilang WOW untuk ini

    ReplyDelete
  17. gue emang harus bilang WOW untuk ini

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...