February 6, 2011

Montreal's Couturier: Denis Gagnon

I went to check out the Denis Gagnon exhibit a the The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts before it shuts its doors on Feb 13th.  It's a pretty amazing collection of his best work. You're able to walk around all of the garments and view every detail closely. There were a few garments made entirely of zipper teeth; braided and crisscrossed to form different shapes and patterns. He also displayed some extreme fringe dresses, chain detailing and lace.

Such beautiful pieces of art and to see them up close was even more amazing.


16 comments:

  1. Fierce!!

    xxS

    http://oldgoldlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know if i commented twice but your pictures through out your whole blog are beautiful and so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chain dresses are absolutely amazing!! They're so detailed and beautifully designed! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing work there! great post!
    - Cookalashoc
    from Etsy Bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  5. real piece of art! are wonderful! true inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very lucky to have the museum so close, I live in a culture starved part of the state. Your pictures are awesome, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing...I would love it if you came and visited my blog, feel free to follow me and I will gladly follow in return :)

    -Grace

    http://www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so interesting love it

    let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:

    My Couture Diaries
    My Couture Diaries
    My Couture Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are unbelievable! Must have been amazing to see in person..xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!
    how on earth would they make that dress?? its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, such amazing looks and photos! the textures are INcredible xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is amazing, such intricate work! Your blog is gorgeous, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I've never seen dresses quite like that -- really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...